PERGOLAIA AND ITS PERFECT PAIRING
Some years ago we decided to start taking care of our synergistic kitchen garden in order to offer our customers and friends products made according to our agricultural philosophy. In addition to our extra virgin olive oil, we started producing tomato sauce, vegetables with EVO oil and vegetable creams that, depending on the season, we pair with our wines during the tastings in the cellar and above. Since 2016 we also have a colony that includes 20 hives that allows us to evaluate the quality of our environment and also gives us a sweet honey every year.
Today we want to share with you the recipe of a taditional Italian dish to pair with our Pergolaia.
Pergolaia is a wine marked by its great drinkability and its link with the Tuscan tradition through its main grape variety, Sangiovese. A variety that we have decided to cultivate on the Tuscan Coast even if this area is better known for its international varieties.
Soft tannins and salty freshness make Pergolaia a perfect wine to go with you on any occasion. For this reason, we thought of a pairing with a typical dish of the Italian tradition where the quality of raw materials is fundamental for its success.
We have prepared it with the products of our synergistic kitchen garden and our Organic EVO oil. The pasta has been selected by some local producers who work according to our agronomic, organic and biodynamic principles.
OUR RECIPE FOR SPAGHETTI AL POMODORO OF CAIAROSSA
• In a pan with a bit of Caiarossa Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fry a clove of garlic over medium heat, brown it and then pour the tomato puree.
• Add a little salt and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced to the right point (there is no more water), turning it from time to time with a wooden spoon.
• While the tomato sauce is cooking, put a large pot full of water on the heat and bring to the boil. Then salt and pour the spaghetti by turning the pasta from time to time for about 5 minutes.
• Remove the spaghetti from the water directly from the pot and pour them into the pan with the tomato sauce, mixing them with the sauce and finishing cooking for the remaining minutes indicated on the package, 8-10 minutes for Il Cerreto spaghetti.
• Wait some seconds, put them on the plate, add some basil leaves.
• Open your bottle of Pergolaia
Bring home the colours and flavours of Caiarossa.